Tuesday, November 25, 2008

missing home

I remember how mum used to say "Laine, clean up your room!" Not that my room is extremely untidy..its just a lil' messy and my mum, u can say she's quite a perfectionnist. Well i've got a little annoyed at times bout these comments. seriously, who wont?? But lately after 7 months away from home, i started to miss all these naggings. not that i dont miss them after getting here, but suddenly lately all these thoughts came to my mind. how i wish i could hear her nag once a while; or also taste home-cooked food (GOSH! how i missed all those)

Recently, my economics lecturer talked about implicit cost which means the opportunity cost that was forgone. in order for me to understand this theory better, i used this as an example:
going to INTI-UC to study..the implicit cost would be home-cooked food, weekends together with family and PENANG food (char koay teow,laksa,..well u get what i mean)!!.. no matter what im gonna have a food marathon when i got back home...LOL

i dunno why but i seemed like getting from missing home to missing Penang food instead. GOsH!!..but anyhow...I MISS HOME DEARLY!!:(

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Come back come back ! We must hang out hahaha. I may quit my job de.

Geraldo Maia said...

Hello Laine,
I believe that all of us feel now and then such feeling that you are feeling. Missing home and those who are so beloved to us.
At this opportunity I am bringing to you my wishes of a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! - 2009 - with peace! and that quite soon will will be together with the family.
From Brazil:
Geraldo